Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's so hot....

The weather is so hot in Sacramento in the summer! AC has become my best friend :) Even though we've been in Sacramento for 2 years, I'm still trying to adjust to the over 100 degree weather. I'm not the only one, Oski thinks it's hot too. He used to love roaming in the backyard in the afternoons, but now as soon as I open the backdoor, he runs inside the house.
After hiding indoor in the AC rooms all summer, I decided to look for swimming pools in the area. I've found an outdoor pool that is 20 minutes away from the house. I've only gone there to swim twice this week, and I've already got tanned lines!

I start my first year of teaching next week. I don't know if I'm more excited or more nervous. I had a nightmare last night about my first day of school - All the handouts I had made were missing, and my students played tricks on me. The last thing I remember was students playing hide-and-seek in the classroom and hid in the lab drawers/closets! Sheesh, at least it was just a dream...

No comments: